From singing terribly in a car for four hours, to taking an embarrassing amount of selfies on the beach I learned how valuable my friends are to me, in just three short days. Obviously, trying anything new is scary and even though I've lived in Miami my whole life, I've never been tubing, knee boarding, or done any form of aquatic athletic sport. In fact, my athletic career always ended with myself winning the "sportsmanship" award...aka the "you're not the most athletic and will probably get picked last for any team sport, but you're nice...so here". Which leads me to Saturday, when everyone suggested I go "tubing" I was nervous, but okay with the idea that my two best friends would be by my side. Figuring that if I fall off, I'll just bring one of them done with me! (KIDDING, don't do that, you can get really hurt!) Tubing wasn't the problem, it was when I was asked if I wanted to "knee board" and knowing that if I fell off the knee board then I'd be out in the ocean by myself as JAWS awaited me with his mouth wide open. Somehow my friends got me to struggle swim in my life jacket out in the middle of the ocean and attempt to knee board. On my first attempt, I didn't even bother to try to stand up...I just laid on the board for a good solid 5 minutes, bobbing in and out of the ocean. I honestly felt like a rag doll being dragged by a very quick and large child. After we stopped and I was informed that I was not "knee boarding" correctly, as I thought I was, I found out I had poor elbow placement (didn't even know that was a thing), I got up on my knees and quickly feel off 5 seconds later. I actually think I swallowed about 5 gallons of water, and even though I was terrified that an octopus was gonna wrap a tentacle around my leg and pull me into the depths of the unknown part of the ocean, I was proud of myself for getting up. As the boat turned around and my friends asked me if I wanted to go again, a large smile spread across my face and I enthusiastically answered "ABSOLUTELY...NOT!". After hard core face planting into the water, I was done for the day!
Basically what it boils down to is to make sure you go on vacation with your friends, take lots of embarrassing pictures, and if you are going to do anything new or anything embarrassing like try to knee board for the first time...make sure to have your friends video tape it because if not, you will regretfully wish you had ask to capture that wipeout just so you can watch in slow mo!
And for your enjoyment, enjoy these somewhat embarrassing, typically 20somethingyearold picture posts!
Me, Jess, & Ciele (grammatically incorrect, but Carpe Diem)
#candidpicture #notfakelaughter
#actuallyreallylaughingaftertryingtofakelaugh
#hashtagoverkill?
"Do you even tube, bro?"
We use our cell phones to take artsy pictures #NoFilter
We just really want to get on Pinterest with this picture...
And my tribe!






No comments:
Post a Comment