Monday, September 15, 2014

Why Failure is the BEST thing!

Before you read this, I kindly ask that you click "play" and listen to this song as background music as you read the following words written on your computer screen. 

Geronimo - Sheppard

For those of you who do not know, I have decided to further my education and go on into graduate school. While I listened to everyone's advice that grad school is much different then undergrad, I expected that I would be able to adjust well. I always believed myself to be quite adaptable. Here is the thing I've learned about us humans, we may be adaptable, but not as much as we think. When we are hit with a failure, or a "roadblock" as I much rather call it, we sometimes get stuck. It doesn't have to be a large roadblock, it could be small, and even the smallest roadblock can have a significant effect on us. The other day, I hit my first (of which I'm sure many) roadblock. I found myself doubting my ability, my intelligence, and my path in life. I begin to doubt everything around me and wonder what would happen if I don't succeed on the path I imagined for myself. Here's the thing I discovered, it is OKAY. Our biggest goal in life, shouldn't be to be this perfect, error-free human, but rather to wake up every morning with a genuine smile and take the day as it comes. A failure doesn't mean you are not good enough, but rather it is a roadblock and it is your job, to find another way around. Others may doubt your capability, you may doubt your capability, but at the end of the day the thing that matters most is not whether or not you have jumped over a hurdle or not, but rather did you do your best to be the best you. Hurdles and obstacles will always be in our life, everything is going according to our plan and then BAM roadblock. What we choose to do with this roadblock defines what comes next in our life. Do you give up and sit down? Staring at the only, one way street you have always known? Or do you look around and see the endless paths you can also take, some of these paths may lead you to more roadblocks, some of these paths may lead you to exactly where you need to be, but as long as you keep moving forward and realize that sometimes a step back, is actually a step forward in the right direction, then you are doing something correct in this world. Just because someone tells me "no", doesn't mean I have to listen to them. I do my best to keep moving forward, and keeping trying to get where I need to be, no matter how many times others may doubt myself. The only person that needs to believe in me is myself. As my most recent Wednesday inspiration quote text said:

"Believe you can and you're halfway there" - Theodore Roosevelt

What ever is going on in your life right now, don't give up!
XO - Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment