Thursday, October 16, 2014

Shaking It Out

Imagine you're in your car, you've had a really stressful day, all you want to do is get home and relax, but alas, so does every other human being on the planet so of course you're stuck in traffic...when all of sudden your favorite song comes on. Do you:

A) Pump up the jams and sing it out in your car 
or
B) Just sit there...

Believe it or not, I personally believe whatever choice you make says a lot about you, neither in a bad way or a good way, it just defines how you are in that moment. Do you live each day so stressed out, that something, such as your favorite song, doesn't bring you the least bit of joy? Music is supposed to soothe the beast, so can't it soothe the stressful beast of life that sometimes affects us? Quite frankly, my form of a stage, is my car and I probably blast my radio a bit to loud...but it relieves a lot of tension and I find myself even laughing at myself in the car, because I am enjoying the moment. So let's say you are singing in your car, totally and completely jamming out to the latest One Direction or Taylor Swift song without any restrictions, basically you're going ham! What do you do, when the car next to you notices you? 

A) Do you stop and let the embarrassment sink in
or
B) Do you roll down the window and sing to them

Personally, I have been a mix of these two things, but I'm trying this new thing in my life, where I am proud of myself, no matter what. So as of lately, whenever I get caught singing in my car, I just roll down my window and sing to my fellow neighbors. Majority of the time you will make that person's day, they will be smiling and singing along with you and just like...BOOM, contagious, joyous laughter. You may have even made someone's day. I think it translates well into our life, we're gonna hit with rough times, but it doesn't have to bring us down and we don't have to loose our spirit from it. All you have to do is embrace the music, now not everyday is going to be easy. I'm sure there are days you won't even want to listen to music, but maybe those are the days you need it the most. And who knows? Maybe the next time you get embarrassingly caught singing in the car, you may actually genuinely make someone smile and have a better day. By making yourself feel better, you pass around an amazing happy energy...don't drop the ball. I challenge you to try it just once and see what happens! Just remember to keep your eyes on the road and your mouth wide open...singing to whatever station your heart dances to <3

XO - Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment