My biggest fear in dating isn't if I'm EVER going to date a guy, because let's be honest...I have the humor of Mindy Kaling, the swag of Beyoncé (accented "e" included in the swag package), the beauty of an ethnic Disney Princess (hey Disney where is my Latina Princesa at?), the intelligence of Marie Curie, and a butt that could stand on its own as a Kardashian, however my biggest fear is the possibility that whoever becomes interested in me, is a complete psychopath. Stay with me for a second, you don't know what they do behind closed doors or if they have some weird hidden room in the corner of their house that you have to pull the floorboards back to get to. I see Law and Order SVU, Olivia Benson has shown me things (including how to be a fierce independent lady...thanks Liv). As a single twentysomethingyearold, I believe that this is a rational and totally appropriate response to dating. More likely than not, you probably won't date a psychopath, you know woman's intuition and all, but it's still a scary thought that crosses my twentysomethingyearold mind from time to time. Overall dating is a scary and a touchy subject, the next person you date could be the LAST (as in you could marry that person). It's a beautiful, yet terrifying thought at the same time. As of right now, I'm just trying to make it through my second year of grad school unscathed and seeing where the winds of life take me. Bottom line, I'm relying on my friends to be like "ooh girl, no...don't date him", because my ladies got my back. So I'm just going to keep living my fabulous twentysomethingyearold life and pray to God that my man is out there somewhere and can handle the fierceness of all this rolled into one great package.
XO Christy
No comments:
Post a Comment