Wednesday, April 8, 2015

GYM CATS!

It's Wednesday night, I had just had a long day at grad school and the last thing I wanted to do was exert any energy (unless it's the energy needed to reach across the table and eat a pizza). My friends had coerced me to sign up for a cardio party class at the gym and I was regretting that decision as I changed out of my comfy therapy pants into a pair of leggings that we're probably a size too small (thanks, pizza). As I entered the gym I saw these beautifully tanned and toned girls and many men who had muscles even Thor would be jealous of. As I tried to blend it with the crowd goers, it was almost as if a bright spot light followed me through the gym. I automatically felt embarrassed and felt as if all eyes were on me (and not for the good reason, it was more like everyone was staring at me cause I had a big rip in my leggings that everyone saw). I went in all directions as a lost little sheep to find the workout room and breathed a sigh of relief when I did. However that moment of grace lasted but only a millisecond as I realized none of my friends had arrived yet, so I did what any 20somethingyearold would do, I took out my phone and pretended I was texting my friends, when in actuality I was just checking up on my insta! I entered the cardio room and was relieved when I saw my friends walk in shortly after I did. We took up our little space of the world in the back corner of the room in hopes that we wouldn't be noticed! Shortly, the music began to blare and it was like my body couldn't help back shake it's groove thang. I'm not even joking I genuinely began to dance and I loved every second of it. I love dancing, so I wasn't shocked, what I was shocked about was how great the workout was. I was sweating within the first couple of minutes and laughing throughout the entire class. I think what made it even better was getting to spend time and bonding with my friends. As the class continued the laughs never stopped especially because of the things the instructor said (I would post them up here, but I would feel wildly inappropriate!) Overall going to the gym was quite a success and I have returned since then and will continue to return! I've been trying to eat healthy (bye, pizza) and get active. I've learned that going to the gym with those who support you (like your friends) is the way to do it!

P.S. I love you pizza, I'm sorry for the things I said, take me back <3

XO - Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment